Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Discrimination and Tolerance

Basically, tolerance means that you put up with things or people, even if they are different. Discrimination means that you are being unfair to someone. I think that tolerance is better than discrimination because it isn't good to be unfair to someone, but it is good to put up with something or someone no matter what. So, I guess that an example of tolerance would be that if someone who was different than you walked up to you and your friends and asked if they could play with you, you would let them play even though they are different.You and your friends would have shown tolerance. An example of discrimination would be that if you had a bag of candy and two friends asked you for some, you would give the first friend two candies and the second friend one candy. You would have been unfair to the second friend, so you would have shown discrimination. I would rather show tolerance than discrimination because it is kinder to put up with everyone and everything than it is to be unfair to someone, and I like being kind to everyone. To show tolerance to someone, I can try to get to know someone even if they are different from me. I think everyone should try to show tolerance to everyone else as much as they can. Thanks for reading this post and please visit my blog again.

No comments:

Post a Comment